As part of my creative writing course, we had to create our own writing prompts. I felt pretty proud of mine, so I thought I’d share them with you!
- In a public place, create a story from the first thing you hear someone say.
- Avoid using punctuation (except that which changes the word, like an apostrophe).
- Write a conversation without direct speech.
- Look on your local ‘buy and sell’ page, write something about an item listed.
- Write about what frustrates you.
- Create a menu without naming any foods.
- Pick an emotion and describe it. Once done, write it again, but opposite (i.e. if your chosen emotion was negative, then the rewrite will be positive).
- Write about something human that you can’t see, e.g. electricity, wi-fi.
- Find an old Facebook post. Write as you did then.
- Make the most boring thing you can think of interesting.
Finally have a picture that I took at uni as a prompt!